Sunday, May 1, 2016

Thumbnail sketches/ studyworks by Manju Panchal


Inspired by the beauty of nature I am into painting 
landscapes in different mediums. Before beginning with 
the painting I normally create small study sketches 

These quick study works are sized 4" X 5" and they help me gauge 
the final outcome. It also helps in experimenting and exploring 
different techniques. Moreover since I do not get into doing 
details at this stage the time spent on each of them varies 
from ten to twenty minutes each.

Given below are my different thumbnail or preliminary sketches 
created using graphite, water colour and soft pastel medium.


Study works created to understand the use of Camlin
water soluble graphite sticks.


Thumbnails sketches created using water colour medium.


Thumbnails sketches created on Canson Mi Teintes paper 
using soft pastel medium.



Study works created to understand the use of
Cretacolour 9B water soluble graphite pencil.

To view my paintings you can visit my BLOG
or FACEBOOK page.



2 comments:

  1. Hello Manju, your sketches are really amazing, loved the black and white ones. Brilliant work. Check out Sketches and Painting works by Indian and Asian at Osianama.com.

    ReplyDelete