Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hilly Path


Watercolour (11" x 15")

This watercolour was done with an intention to achieve a bold and loose effect. I wish I had used a bit of variation in the large piece of foliage on the left. But I am still satisfied with the overall result. Please do give your comments and suggestions.
I find great inspiration in the works of David Taylor. He paints with such a lovely loose and bold style. Unfortunately, I am not being able to put a link to one of his pages here, but I urge everyone who hasn't come across his work to search it on the net. You surely wont be disappointed.
You can see my other works here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vinayak..glad to see your work here!Like you said, its loose and fresh! The light falling on the ground provides the luminanace and the dark trees are in perfect contrast.
    I have seen David's work.I like his painting 'friends' very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look up David Taylor. This is beautiful and I could "feel" the moment and put myself in the painting walking through. What a nice painting.

    ReplyDelete