Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ethnic Indian Door_ Arti Chauhan

' Ethnic Indian Door' by Arti Chauhan
Watercolor on paper
9"X14"
Personal collection, 2009
These ethnic wooden doors are a very common sight in the villages of Uttar Pradesh, where my husband was born and brought up. They are huge, heavy and beautiful. This particular door was photographed by a dear friend Suzanne, who went to visit the village with us. This painting reminds me of that wonderful trip.
You can visit me /see my work at my blog. For any other information, feel free to contact me at arti_anim@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely work done with the door..these kind of painted doors are quite uncommon down the south.. we have more of carved ones.. anyway, the main door of a house represents the connection between one's private and public realm, nice that you chose do one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking colours , beautiful subject . This is a cute one.

    ReplyDelete